Thursday, April 25, 2002

Labelled and Negated

Was gonna post a big rant I wrote last night, about how some people use spurious accusations of "intellectual eliteism" to dismiss ideas and people they don't feel comfortable with. That's something that truly yanks my chain; it's like this big catch-all diss for whenever someone's losing an argument or doesn't want to modify their rotten behaviour.

I'm not sure I should, though. People are likely to take it the wrong way, and frankly I could REALLY do without another round of bashing right now. Plus there's the possibility that my Number One Fan is going to read it, assume that the whole thing was written solely about hir, and start toychucking again. It annoys me that I've had to start censoring myself, just because some people can't learn to conduct themselves in a responsible way.

No comments: