Wednesday, February 09, 2005

Hmmm... updates... yeah, that might be an idea.

Well, I've had stuff on my mind--nothing new, just the same old shit I've been dealing with for the last couple of years, only, y'know, moreso. Boring to live through, boringer to read about.

I have started those free Castillian lessons and I'm doing well. The tiling/decorating/plastering course is going great; I'm really into it. On Thursday I stripped all the tiles I'd stuck on my little pretend bathroom off, which was oddly satisfying: chiselling them away from the wall with a hearty SMASH as they hit the floor, getting a wheelbarrow-load together and then carting them across to the skips. The skips are massive, twice as big as the kind you see outside people's houses, with a walkway of planks leading up between them. Because the planks are steep and a barrowload of tiles and dry cement is heavy, the only way to get as far as the top is to start with a good run-up--you have to show the incline who's boss. Man, I was sore the next day! Fun, though.

Today I start working in earnest. I'm doing my masterpiece, another pretend room which must be tidied-up and tiled extra-spiffily coz we're being graded on it. Hey, I was thinking the other day--wonder if there's a market for a magic- and kink-aware handyperson?

9 comments:

Steve Austin said...

Enjoyable blog. Please check out my dog blog.

jon said...

I was searching for dog tag info and found this post. I agree totally!

Paul

Roy Naka said...

Nice blog. Please check out my australian cattle dog site. It is all about australian cattle dog informations.

Linux Unix said...

Cute blog! Please visit my girl with dog blog.

Administrator said...

I just came across your Blog about dog house and wanted to drop you a note to tell you how impressed I was with the information you have provided here. I also have a website and blog about dog houseso I know what I am talking about when I say your is top-notch! Keep up the great work, you are providing a great resource on the internet.

Administrator said...

I've just located your great Blog about Lakeland Terrier. Great information here, I will definitely be bookmarking your site so that I can come back and read some more. I also have a site and blog about Lakeland Terrier, so it's always great to read more about it on other peoples blogs.

sean odissy said...

Well, is there something a little weird going on here? I don't know about you Blogger, but my blog gets pretty cluttered with spammy comments from people. My advice to you as one blog owner to another, is to be patient and focus on the great things about having a blog, instead of all the junk that goes on. You do have a quality blog and appears that you enjoy it. My favorite web project so far is a site, because I have total control and it makes me a couple dollars here and there. It's pretty hard to find new information on stuff though. Hey, keep up your excellent job Blogger, and good luck with your projects..

See ya ~

Roberto Iza said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Iza Roberto said...
This comment has been removed by the author.