Sunday, March 16, 2003

"I'm not perky."

I know I should be all happyhappyjoyjoy about the whole moving to Spain deal, and for the most part I am all happyhappyjoyjoy. It's all celebrations here, I promise. And yet, and yet...

I'm still gonna be in minimum-wageville. Sure, at least I get to be broke somewhere hot but I hate the fact that I'm just not going anywhere workwise. It's going to take a while to get my Spanish up to snuff, and my degree will probably take another 4 years or so to complete. And I hate that I have to make so many ethical compromises at work.

And there's this feeling... like it's all too good to be true, like something's going to go Horribly Wrong at the last moment. Like the universe is just dangling this in front of my face so it can jerk it away again and scream "APRIL FOOL!!!"

Oh, yeah: My arrival date for Barcelona? April the 1st.

No comments: