Wednesday, January 08, 2003

Flash!

Huzzah for days off! Spent the morning installing and tinkering with Flash. Made a dancey blue circle thing and stuff. Can exploding mole-rats be far off? I say NO! There must and shall be exploding mole-rats! RAHHH for EXPLODING MOLE-RATS!

It's probably going to take a while to get the hang of it properly, but I've already worked with Flash a little. I'm trying to think of ideas for cartoons so I've got summink to shoot for. When you're getting to grips with a new medium it's always good to have a pet project to work towards, even if the end result isn't quite what you had in mind. I'm really excited about this, as it goes. It's cool.

It might seem a bit demented to start learing yet another new skill when I've already got so much on the boil, but I really need some pointless and fun thing to muck about with. Everything else (writing, studying, singing) is such a big deal, even if I genuinely enjoy it. If I'm going to avoid doing things that I should be doing, then at least my avoidance tactic can be something semi-constructive. Beats getting all obsessive over computer games, anyhow.

No comments: