Saturday, November 20, 2004

Nothing much.

Still applying for teaching posts (as well as the other stuff). Still laying floor tiles. I'm getting quite good at floor tiles.

I want to update the green book soon but I just haven't been in the right headspace. Too... twitchy. When I get twitchy, I start second-guessing myself--was that me, was it them, does it matter?--and then I have to go and make a cup of tea. Obviously one should be doing more trancework but when one has been skiving on one's trancework, one is loth to re-engage. It's like a neglected crisper drawer. Will there be nice or at least edible veggies? Will there be a horrible mushy slurry of gone-off yuck? The seeker can only find peace when the crisper drawer is finally opened; the seeker knows that the longer the crisper drawer is left unopened, the greater the likelyhood of horrible mushy slurry. In this way the fear of horrible mushy slurry breeds more horrible mushy slurry.

I must open that crisper drawer this very night. Pray for me.

No comments: