Sunday, February 17, 2002

Talking dirty

Have re-read terms of service, and in the absence of any definition of things like "vulgar" or "obscene", I've decided to go back and add a few strategic asterisks to be on the safe side. Also, I'm going to add work warnings and minor warnings to any sites I think need them. I hate censorship, and sort of resent having to do this, but I understand that the tribe of Blogger has to cover its collective ars- sorry, buns. And anyway it's only a few rude words, not the Magna Carta.


Goddamit!

Later:- Having just completed said act of creative butchery, I went thru the Directory. Some guy with the f-word in his title. His actual title. I'm sulking now.

I also came across some prime examples of Why I Hate You, No Really, I Honestly Do Hate You.

Item: Weblogs with "blah, blah, blah," in the title.

I realise that this is supposed to suggest wry self-deprecation on the part of the diarist, but what it actually suggests is a complete lack of originality. You really had better be under the control of a demonic power, the age of 15, or the influence of mind-altering substances.

Item: Titles or descriptions featuring references to the supposed insanity of the diarist.

Either post evidence that you actually suffer from a genuine psychiatric illness or crawl back to the karaoke bar from whence you came, you sickeningly tedious person, you.

Item: Titles or descriptions which make much of the fact that the diarist is a woman, yeah? A W-O-M-A-N! With all, like, womanly glands and hormones and stuff. Bet you didn't expect THAT, huh? Huh? Well, get with the programme, wake up and smell the coffee, and take a reality check, mister, because the SISTERS ARE-"

Oh... do shut up.

No comments: