Friday, September 20, 2002

The plot thickens...

Y'know I'm moving to Ireland, right? Well, a couple of days ago the folks up at Barcelona phoned up the Bearded One to offer him a job out there. So now we're going to be in Cork 'till April, then we're gonna do BARCAAAA!

I'm a bit nervous, for various reasons. Chief amongst these is that I don't speak Catalan, or even Spanish-- or any other languages, really, apart from this one. You've all heard the joke:

"What d'you call someone who speaks three languages?"
"Trilingual."
"What d'you call someone who speaks two languages?"
"Bilingual."
"What d'you call someone who speaks one language?"
"English!"

I am that joke. I've no excuse, either; I do pick languages up fast, but I drop them again even quicker if I don't practice.

The recent paucity of updates is due largely to the mad packing and chucking frenzy currently eating up my life. I'm trying to condense a whole flatload of stuff into something that'll fit in the back of a garage. It's not easy. I'm going to really miss my books; I plan to offload or store everything except a few novels and some of my electronics textbooks. I shan't be able to buy any new ones for months, which is going to be a bit Arrrgh. Oh, well. If I want something to occupy me I'll just have to get writing, and hard.

No comments: