Wednesday, September 04, 2002

Refit

I'm planning a bit of an overhaul of my blog over the next few days. Frankly, it's become a bit of a mess over the months since I started it.

I want to have three columns instead of two, so I can put the Victims and the 1p Chews on one side, and the Errant Foolishness, the tagboard and various odds & sods on the other. I'm going to ponce a skin from Blogskins.com, but I'll have to tweak it a bit because I want to keep this typeface & colour scheme. Plus, I keep meaning to put the haunted piccy back up. People liked the haunted piccy.

I plan to add a quick bio , and maybe an FAQ. Eventually I'm going to bung a little piece on the side explaining that I'd quite like to write for a living and would welcome advice, job offers, blah, blah, blah. I'm going to take a leaf out of Sasha's book, and put some of my writing online for interested folk to peruse.

Another change I'm thinking of making is the title. The pre-zilla version, "dead dog in alleyway this morning..." is derived from the opening lines of Watchmen. The actual quote runs: "dog carcass in alley this morning", but I prefer alleyway to alley and felt that "dog carcass" was a bit harsh for a blog title. But now I'm thinking, fuck it, I feel harsh some days.

No comments: