Monday, July 05, 2004

Okay...

Well, it's been pissing down on and off all day, so I blew off the trip to the shops till tomorrow. Made a start on the packing instead. Once I'd started, it was easy, almost comforting; I felt sad to be preparing to leave a place where I've been very happy and had hoped to stay, but at the same time very positive and optimistic. Here is what needs to be done at this time. Here I am, doing it. I'll do a couple more boxes and then start sticking epoxy tentacles on Fake Barbie's face.

I'll write about Marseilles in a couple of days. Not quite in the right headspace at the mo. However, a couple of notes: Whilst there I came upon a few playing cards in the streets, first the Ace of Spades, then the Queen of Diamonds. These I kept for future use. I also found the Seven of Spades, but it was too soggy to do anything with so I left it. Also I picked up a shard of blue glass. I was sitting outside a bar with Lurid, when a gust of wind blew a menu off a table, taking a blue glass ashtray with it. The ashtray shattered and I was very tempted to pick up one of the pieces, because I love blue glass. I decided not to because they were very sharp and taking one of them might look odd. A little later, there was an almighty CRASH! from behind me. I jumped out of my skin, but it was only one of the big sunshades. It had blown over, taking down another ashtray of the same colour. I took the hint, and saved a triangle of the glass. Lord knows what would have gone over next if I hadn't. I mean to incorporate it in some jewellery once I sort out the sharp edges.

No comments: