Monday, August 16, 2004

OhdeargodIamsobloodyTIIIIIRRREEED!

For the last two weeks I have et, slept and breathed this course. Apart from the slept part, because I haven't had a solid 8hrs since it started. I find myself waking up at three, knowing full well that I have to get up at 6:30 if I'm going to get my things together, and yet unable to go back to sleep until I've just given my lesson plan the once-over. Said once-over taking until four, at least, and involving a substantial re-write.

See, I'm digging the actual teaching. I'm finding it a blast. It's very fulfilling and stimulating and all that girly shit I'm supposed to be into, blah blah blah. But the paperwork is doing my head in. See, we have to submit these forms with a breakdown of what we're going to teach, how we're going to teach it, and why it should matter two hoots to the students. And I can't get mine right. I've had to redo the last two, I never know what's wrong with them until the tutors explain it to me, and it's driving me nuts. I feel like I'm in a text-based adventure game and trying to get Thorin to pick me up or summink.

THOU ART IN A TEFL COURSE. WHAT DOST THOU WISHETHEST TO DO?

>look

THOU SEEEST: A GREEN FORM

>fill in ye form

THOU HAST COCKED UP YON FORM ROYALY.

>fill in ye form again.

THOU SEEEST: A TUTORE, WHO LOOKEST AT THEE WITH A PAINED EXPRESSION.

THOU ALSO SEEEST: A BIG FAT WASTE OF 1500 GP IF THOU DOST NOT GET THINE ACT TOGETHER.

>fill in ye green form again?

NOT GOOD ENOUGH. THOU ART CRAP. THY SCORE IS 1.7% PLAY AGAIN Y/N?


No comments: