Saturday, April 17, 2004

Hmmm...

Bit of a hiatus these last couple of days. I'm working, of course, but I've been doing outlines and research and stuff rather than completing anything. Must get something finished over the weekend. I've been really productive lately, but don't want to fall back into bad habits. Submitting something soon would be good for my head, too: had a rather mopey day yesterday, thinking about the no-job thing, all the stuff I want to do and can't because I have no money. Blargh. Feels like I'm in the same place I was last year; I mean, I know, rationally, that this is incorrect, that I have made progress. In fact I have made, on the whole, excellent use of my time, ramping up the writing output and improving other areas.

The magick, though, I've been letting that slide lately and that's not good. I'm on a very basic level of functionality there: meditate, ground, cleanse, shield, journal, moisturize. Been letting the meatier bits slide. Bad, very bad; from past experience, if I slack off then the Universe Space dumps some big magickal challenge into my ample lap, then stands there grinning and going "Bet you wish you'd worked a bit harder now, don't you?" I need to recover the kind of enthusiasm for magick that I had when I was a kid, the WOW! factor. I need a boost.

Yo! Spooky people! BOOST me!

No comments: