Friday, June 13, 2003

I am losing what little patience I had.

Right. I'm officially fed up and desirous of my life back.

I was absoultely determined that this week I'd get a firm job lead of some kind or another, but the cupboard has remained bare. I've already tried a lot of places and been turned away, so I'm having to look further and further afield. Extensive perusal of the job boards confirms that the Spanish electronics industry is just as dead here as everywhere else. Still and all, I'll see if I can't find a few companies in want of assembly staff.

On the voluntary front, I'm going to see if Humana need any staff in their thrift stores tomorrow. Unlikely that they'll have paying work, but that's not the point. The point is that a person needs a bit more shape to their day than two hours of language school in the arvo.

Am I really that unemployable? Seriously. Am I going to spend the rest of my life scratching around for crappy little jobs everywhere I go? I know my CV is a bit patchy, what with the discrepancy between my electronics quals and the kind of jobs I've been doing, but I'm getting turned down by burger bars, FFS. How can anyone be too shit to work in a burger bar?

I'm really starting to worry that I've blown it, that because my emlpoyment history is all this minimum-wage stuff nobody's ever going to consider me for anything else. You're only as good as your last job these days, and fresh starts get thinner on the ground the older you get.

This is ridiculous. I mean, me! Mordant Carnival! Turned down by purveyors of rancid lard and BSE! They should be kissing the hem of my combats and begging me to flip their bits of dead cow! Filthsome snitticles.

So I've been googling for, uhhh, adult emporia and events and so forth, where I might actually be appreciated. Should've tried the scene in the first place, but I came over all shy for some reason. Jeese, it's hard to find listings for s£x shops on the internet, particularly when you don't know how to say "s£x shop" en español. You think you have to wade through pr0n to get to an ordinary site? I can't even turn on the content filter; that would sort of defeat the object.



No comments: