Friday, June 28, 2002

OI!!!

Who's been biting MYYYY bandwidth then?

I can't help noticing that the piccy I've used for my sidebar has had 430+ views today. Now, I get about 10-20 visitors to this blog per day, so someone's been remote linking the image. Same thing goes for Jor-Dog.

Under different circumstances, I wouldn't mind (we've all done it at one time or another) but I use a free image hosting site which allows me 8 MB per day. The more views, the more bandwidth gets used up. Last time somebody remote-linked some of my work it got so that all my banwidth was burnt out the next day, so nobody could see any of the pix. I don't mind if people want to use images that I post here- they're not exactly blindingly original, let's face it. But I'd appreciate it if you'd save it to your hard-drive, and then upload it to your own server. If you don't have a server, you can use a free image hosting service-- I use villagephotos.com. It's a piece of cake to set up an account, and very user friendly.

Ta.

No comments: